- Fasting Glucose went from 158 to 83 (65 to 99 is normal)
- Liver enzymes went from 66 and 100 to 19 and 31 (10-30 and 6-40 are normal)
- Total Cholesterol went from 240 to 187 (125-200 is normal)
- Triglycerides went from 277 to 147 (0-150 is normal)
- LDL (bad cholesterol) went from 141 to 118 (0 to 100 is normal)
- HDL (good cholesterol) went from 44 to 40 (46 to 199 is normal)
- Fasting insulin went from 10.2 to 6.2 (0-17.0 is normal)
- A1c went from 7.6% to 5.9% (less than 5.7% is normal)
So, according to my doctor I am a much healthier unhealthy person. But he said that he has rarely seen that much improvement over such a short period of time. While there is work still to be done, this is a huge improvement!
I have to remember, especially when the scale is stuck, that this is so much more important than looking good in a dress. These are the important numbers.
Though looking good in a dress would be good too!